Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Purple Socks

I've finished my Christmas knitting! It was just two pairs of socks. They are both waiting for a wash and pat into shape so in the mean time as not much knitting has been done here recently I finally got round to taking some pictures of some socks I finished a while ago.




The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in colour Purple Club, bought from Get Knitted . The pattern is Go With The Flow Socks from the Summer 2005 Interweave Knits magazine. I did alter the pattern a bit though, I didn't like the cuff so just worked a k4, p3 rib over 77 stitches for 20 rounds and then worked one round of k4, p2tog, p1 to give me 66 stitches for the leg (the original pattern had 60 stitches round for the leg so I just added in an extra pattern repeat).

Here they are from a different angle:

and a close up of the stitch pattern.
I am very pleased with them. The LL sock yarn is lovely to knit with and very soft to wear. I have only worn them a couple of times so far but they seem to be wearing well as well.

Yesterday was knitting group Christmas meeting which was good fun. After seeing all the curly whirly scarves I am almost tempted to actually get a move on and start one myself :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:39 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    LOVE the socks. That colour is gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:28 pm, Blogger RoxyK said…

    Lorna's Laces is gorgeous and my pair are holding up to numerous washings. And I just love how soft they are especially after washing. I must make some more.....

    What a coincidence having the same birthday - and being knitters too! It's that creative streak just desperate to escape.

     
  • At 5:09 pm, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Beautiful color of socks and the pattern looks great too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home