Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Shapely Tee

I'm afraid still no photo of my finished multi-coloured cotton jumper. I have been painting the front door most of the weekend and didn't want to get it covered in paint. Hopefully we will have nice weather one of the evenings this week and I can prevail upon the other half to take a picture of me in it.

In the mean time I had rather a lot of DK weight cotton left so decided to embark on the Shapely Tee, a free pattern by Joan McGowan-Michael of White Lies Designs. Somehow the cerise pink yarn I decided to use didn't look quite so bright and pink when I was only using a few rows in the multi-coloured jumper. It is really quite bright and very pink when viewed in a large expanse of stocking stitch.

This is the front, and it is knitting up gratifyingly quickly. It is the first time I have tried short row bust shaping, seeing as with my personal geography it isn't really necessary. I thought I would have a go though as it seemed like a fun idea. I'm not sure whether I have put them too high up though and that they might distort the armhole. It is probably one of those wait-and-see things, hopefully once the sleeves are sewn in it will all look fine.

Anyway, off to prime the rain guard thing I have bought to screw onto the bottom of the door once I finish painting it. I thought painting the guard to match the door might be easier before I have attached it, though it seems to be rather fiddly even still. At least only one more coat of paint on the actual door left to go, hopefully I will be able to get that done tomorrow morning. Must go and check the weather forecast ...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Looking forward to seeing the multi coloured jumper pic! I enjoyed watching it in production!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home