Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The obligatory Ally Pally post

Better late than never I suppose!
My parents came down to stay for the week, so that Mummy could come along to Ally Pally too. They live in North Yorkshire, and I am deeply jealous that she is going to the show in Harrogate as well, but unfortunately I am busy that weekend. Anyway, we went on the Thursday which was very crowded for most of the day but did thin out a bit about an hour from the end.

I thought the knitting selection was much better this year than it has been previously, there were a lot of stands, and a lot of variety. I was really quite restrained :-)

Our first stop was Get Knitted where I bought yet more sock yarn :-)


From left to right, this is: two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill, two skeins of Lucy Neatby Celestial Merino, and a skein of Fyberspates. I have been eyeing the Fyberspates and the Celestial Merino on the Get Knitted web site for some time now and they are even more beautiful in person.

I also got a skein of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb from Get Knitted. The colour way is Irving Park, and I am going to make one of the Curly Whirly scarves from the free pattern Get Knitted are doing if you buy a skein of LL Lion and Lamb, or Shepherd Worsted.

It was really nice to be able to feel all the Lorna's Laces yarns, I have only played with the Shepherd Sock before and wasn't sure what the others would be like. They are all incredibly soft, and I can see will be dangerous to my credit card in future.

I also found the following little gems at Kaalund. They had the most beautiful range of colours, I think these are going to become a pair of scarves.


And last but not least, I got some of the 2ply from House of Hemp.

The room House of Hemp was in was incredibly hot and the lights weren't particularly good for seeing the colours of the yarns which was a bit of a shame but the temperature was fine in the main hall.

All in all a fantastic day was had, we met up with some family friends for lunch which was lovely, and I bumped into quite a few fellow bloggers, including Mary and Dawn, and Mary and Janine from the Surrey knitting group, and Rosie who I took a workshop with a couple of months ago. I'm off to stroke the yarn again ...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home