Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Definitely sock weather now

I finished these a few weeks ago but it was too warm to wear them then, so I put them on the coffee table so that I could admire them. As is often the way of things on the coffee table they gradually became buried, but I discovered them yesterday, and as it is cold enough for socks I thought they could come out for their first wearing. And very comfortable they are too.

It is remarkably difficult to photograph one's own foot, a little like trying to touch your right elbow with your right hand, a lot of amusement and contortions but not much in the way of results.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock bought from Get Knitted, the colourway is Rainbow. This yarn is really nice to knit with, these socks were the first time I tried it, but I am currently working on some more in the colour Purple Club and I have a few more colours in the sock yarn box to keep me going for a while. I think a top knitted out of the sport weight version of the yarn would be nice too.

I've finished the sewing up on the Shapely Tee, it is in the wash as we speak so that hopefully it will be dry for the Design for Knitting day at the V & A. I'll be the one in the very bright cerise top, come and say hello!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home