Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

64 Litres of Sock Yarn

I'm back now from a lovely holiday. Shropshire was really interesting and we visited lots of castles and priories and whatnot. The we went on up to North Yorkshire to stay with my parents for my Mum's birthday. She had a lovely day and we had lots of nice outings.

I didn't get much knitting done while we were away, a bit of the latest sock but that was about it. I have done a bit more of the multi coloured cotton jumper since we have been back, and here is it so far:




Just the edgings to go now, the end is in sight! I have borrowed the DVD of Pride and Prejudice from my sister so I think that might be the evenings viewing while I finish this off. I have had a preliminary try on and it seems pretty good, although perhaps a little wide around the top of the sleeves. I think I will have to do the edgings and give it a nice little wash and push into shape before I pass judgement though.

Now to move not-so-smoothly into the subject of this post. Yesterday I had a trip to Staples in Horsham and got 4 64 litre plastic storage boxes. I have filled them all up already :-) They are just the right size to fit under our spare bed, so two have gone under there already filled with some of Paul's clothes and my dancing stuff. I have decided to use the other two to organise my yarn a bit. So one is full of sock yarn and the other has some of my odds and ends in. It is rather depressing to find that I have more than 64 litres of odds and ends!

If you have ever wondered what 64 litres of sock yarn looks like, here it is:








I think that should keep me going for a while :-)

Off to catch up on all the blogs I have missed.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    I try to imagine the enormous amount of socks the 64 litres of yarn could turn into.If it was all knit up to make 64 litres of socks, you would probably never have to change socks ever again!

     
  • At 3:01 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Hurrah, another P & P fan!!

     
  • At 12:35 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Your multi coloured jumper looks very interesting. Lovely vivid colours! Is this your own design? As for the 64 litres of sock yarn, I can't even begin to think about that (having thus far never made even one sock)! It's on my list though ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home