Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Finished felted bag

I finished this bag a couple of days ago, but have been waiting for nice enough weather to photograph it outside. It was knitted using 4 strands of 2ply lambswool held together and 8mm needles, then put through the washing machine and dryer with my towels twice. I graded the colours from totally purple for the flap through to totally black under the flap.
You can see the colour grading a little better on the back of the bag. I'm afraid my pictures don't show the colours particularly well.
It was fun to knit, and has come out a really useful sort of size. I think after 4 bags though I have got it out of my system for a bit!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:15 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    It's lovely.I love that purple-lavender shade, which is so difficult to find.

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    It looks great.

     
  • At 3:55 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    The bag's really nice. I can just detect the gradation in colour. It's annoying how cameras never do nice things justice, isn't it? On the other hand, it can sometimes go the other way and hide a multiple of sins! :-)

     
  • At 11:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it! It's different, very cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home