Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Stephanie has had the marvellous idea to host a Knitting Olympics, the idea being that you pick a project which will be a challenge to you, then cast on during the opening ceremony on February 10th and if you finish before the closing ceremony on February 26th then you get a shiny button for your blog.

I think I am just about crackers enough to try this, and it is the closest I shall ever come to being an Olympic anything, so I will be giving it a try.

My Olympic Project

I will be knitting a patchwork jumper (sweater for those on the other side of the pond) a la Horst Schulz, which I will be designing as I go along. It is the first time I have knitted a garment of that size and complexity using this technique. I have knitted a camisole before, but that didn't require much shaping, and other than that I have only done samples.

The yarn I'm going to use has been sitting in my stash for a while. The background is cotton in different shades of blue, and the foreground is acrylic turquoise fluff :-)

I am off to sign up now, and contemplate just how mad this is ... I think a few swatches will definitely be in order before the start date.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    Design as you go along! That's pretty adventurous! I'll be cheering for you!

     
  • At 3:20 pm, Blogger WandaWoman said…

    Yay! Another Olympic competitor! It sounds like quite the project! I love the colors you've chosen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home