Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Friday, March 03, 2006

No gold medal here

Well I still haven't finished my Knitting Olympics project so I am definitely not among the medal winners. However Emma pointed out that the Paralympics start on March 10th so I am now re-naming this project to include both Olympic competitions :-)

You will be pleased to know that my jumper has at least grown a bit since last time:



Sorry these aren't great photos, the chair wasn't really big enough and the ground is still rather damp.

I have at last joined it into a circle and am plodding away working upwards, I think I might start the sleeves soon and then I can get more of an idea of how they should fit together. The big difficulty with photographing this is because of the small modules I find myself thinking "I'll just do another square and then I'll photograph it" and then another becomes yet another, and then it is too dark to get a decent picture, and I think I will photograph it in the morning, and then we go round again! I really will try harder from now on.

Apart from the knitting I have been making an effort to get a bit more organised. I have built two Ikea bookcases this week, and we have a couple of sets of shelves from B&Q to fix to the wall when we are feeling brave (I'm not a big fan of the drill, it requires a fair bit of psyching up). I have also got another two plastic storage boxes for the yarn, and am going to get another couple more. I would like to get the yarn into a more coherent organisation within the boxes too, and all this sorting is quite good for being able to get out all the lovely yarn I had completely forgotten I had got and admire it all over again!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's looking great - you _will_ finish it! Your yarn stash sounds like mine, I keep rediscovering gems. One day I'll pile the sock yarn on the bed and take a photo!
    Dawn

     
  • At 10:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that jumper is absolutely cool, I'm amazed by this pattern - and the color you chose is equally great! Great work done indeed!
    Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home