Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, July 04, 2005

New KnitCast

The new KnitCast is here! This one is an interview with Kate Gilbert, the designer of the Clapotis (I think I must be the only knitter ever who hasn't knitted one and has no particular plans to! I think it is a lovely pattern but can't really see myself wearing it).

I've given up on the weather cheering up enough to take a progress photo of the multi-coloured cotton jumper outside so here is one of it taken on the settee:


Its coming along. I think I am only a couple of stripes away from the start of the neckline - it is going to be a V-neck. Once I reach the underarm I shall put the body on stitch holders and work both sleeves, and then work out how I am going to do the shoulders.

Apart from the knitting I have been very domesticated recently (quite shocking I assure you). Today I defrosted both freezers and yesterday we actually got round to fitting a new light fitting in the bathroom (the old one broke weeks, maybe even months ago), and I only electrocuted myself once! We decided that was enough DIY for the time being so we haven't put up the shelves in our bedroom yet. I am hoping to get round to that before my parents come to stay in a couple of weeks, since at the moment you can't actually even sit on the spare bed let alone sleep on it.

Anyway, back to the cotton jumper, I think I am going to do a purple stripe next ...

And happy Independence Day to any Americans out there.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, don't worry ... you aren't alone in the clapotis-free knitting life. I can't bear the thought of knitting something with such a tragic name! LOL

    P.S. I love your hat obsession. I, too, am totally hat obsessed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home