Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Patchwork knitting workshop

We are having a surprisingly rain-free day, so I have been catching up on photographing my knitting.

Way back on the 13th of May I went to a workshop on Horst Schulz style patchwork knitting taught by Rosie and hosted by Jill (who I think doesn't have a website yet). It was a nice intimate workshop with people working on various different techniques depending on their level of experience and what interested them. Rosie handled the differing projects very well, making sure everyone had as much help and guidance as they needed, while allowing time for people to experiment with the techniques. I had a lovely day, and it was a great opportunity to see many different directions the same basic methods could be taken in.

I had a go at some short-row work. This is the most recent design idea that Horst has been working on.


And also some shells.


Apologies for the horrid choice of colours :-) This was what I had in my knitting bag at the time.

Better go and get ready for bed. I am going to the Knitting and Crochet Guild AGM tomorrow which unfortunately means getting up appallingly early in the morning. Say hi if you see me, I will try to be awake, and not too traumatised from the drive! Someone drove into the back of Paul on his way home from work last Friday while he was driving the shiny new car (it wasn't even two months old - boo hoo) and we collected the hire car this afternoon to replace our car while it is being fixed. The hire car is an automatic (we used to have an automatic but that was several years ago) and is a Toyota Corolla. It is quite different to our car which is a Nissan Note, and the Corolla is going to take some getting used to! At least I should have a good long time to get the hang of it on the way to Cheltenham and back.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 pm, Blogger Wye Sue said…

    Hope you managed to get back without having to use the lights !!
    Good to see you again :-)

     
  • At 9:34 pm, Blogger Rosie said…

    I couldn't have handled all those differing projects without Jill! Love your short rows!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home