Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Goodies!

Last week I treated myself to some little goodies, and they are so beautiful I have to show you. Apologies for the dark photos, it was rather gloomy here yesterday when I took them.



First up rainbow coloured Denise needles from Knitting Help . Fiona (sadly blogless) from the Ash knitting group brought her set to the January meeting and it was love at first sight! They are just beautiful, a really interesting marbled colour, and useful too. Now I will be able to easily see which size needles I have picked up, and also to see whether I have got matching points or have accidentally picked up one of each size. They also of course will fit with the set I already have giving me two circulars in each size, always handy. I have started knitting with them already and the tips and cables fit together well and are very comfy to knit with.




Secondly a little parcel from Blue Moon Fiber Arts . This is three skeins of their lightweight Socks that Rock. The colours, are from the top: Chapman Springs, Sunstone, and Fire on the Mountain. I'm afraid my photography doesn't do justice to how beautiful the yarn is. I am really looking forward to knitting this, although I haven't yet decided whether to go for a fairly plain sock or something with a bit of pattern. I think I will go for a bit of pattern with the Sunstone, because that is a semi solid and the colour doesn't vary very much, I am still undecided about the other two. Any ideas? recommendations?

Comments

Thanks Sandie for the needle recommendation. I have some of the Knit Picks needles, my sister brough them back from a business trip, but I haven't used them very much yet. So far I really like them though.

We usually have snow about twice a year here but it rarely ever settles and if it does it is usually only an inch or so and is gone in about a day or less. Something to do with being on the edge of London probably.

Thanks for the nice comment on the avatar! The photo was taken by my husband on our honeymoon in the Loire region of France. We were looking round a maze in the grounds of one of the chateux and he thought it greatly amusing that although he could easily see over the tops of all the hedges, due to my height (or lack thereof!) all he could see of me was the top of my hat.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:14 pm, Blogger Kat said…

    I love the denise needles, my gran bought me some for Christmas. I am a big fan of anything pink and she managed to get me some Pink ones from wooly workshop, which was a real surprise as i didnt even know they existed in any other colour, after seeing Daisychains grey ones. then I saw the rainbow ones, how fab! You lucky thing
    www.knittykittykatchat.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:07 pm, Blogger Fiona said…

    Love the STR colours, they look gorgeous! If it were me, I'd probably go for a fairly plain sock - or maybe something with an interesting edging?

     
  • At 1:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am just finishing up a pair of socks in the Fire on the Mountain colorway. You are going to love yours!

    Mokihana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home