Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Opal Hundertwasser socks

Thank you for all the lovely comments on the finished shawl. Finishing something has spurred me on to have a go at some rather neglected things on the needles, after all if I finish them I can actually be wearing them. I have been making some progress, and here are some finished socks:


The yarn is Opal Hundertwasser, the colour is Silver Spiral, and the pattern is my standard ribbed sock with short row heels and gussets in the leg and foot. My sister bought me the yarn for christmas along with a couple of other colourways and it is lovely. I love the idea of yarn inspired by a painting and I love the colours used and the long colour repeats.

It has been a busy few weeks since I last posted. Some very long days at work, which weren't so good, but it was also my birthday last monday which made up for it. I have now reached the grand age of 30, not that it feels greatly different to 29 :-) The knitting has been progressing rather slowly in the last week due to a rather unfortunate run-in with my new bread knife (birthday present from my parents). It is surprisingly hard to knit with plasters on 3 fingers of your right hand! Luckily the cuts weren't deep since the second I grabbed for the knife falling off the worktop I realised that it was a very stupid thing to do and let go, so they are pretty much healed completely now.

I have been plodding through my samples for this months City and Guilds class, and they are coming along well, only two left to do now. If I am feeling brave this afternoon I am going to have another look at my Patchwork jumper (scroll down to the bottom). I think I must be the slowest Knitting Olympics participant. It has got to the point now that it is so close to being finished it is just ridiculous. I would really like to finish it before the weekend when I am going to Rosie's workshop on patchwork knitting. Better go and get a move on ...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Fiona said…

    Ooh very pretty! I have some of that in the stash, I think it may need an outing soon. Hope the hand heals soon, that must be frustrating.

     
  • At 11:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated birthday! I found that my 30th was worse than my 40th, it felt like I was suddenly a grown up and not in my twenties any more. Did I mention that I've bought some of the ELC blocking boards, aka interlocking play mats? They will be tested this week, I hope!

     
  • At 10:31 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Happy belated birthday! I've still got 2.5 years until the dreaded 30th so I'm glad to hear it's survivable!

    Love the colours in those socks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home