Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cashmere Socks

Just a quick post with some more finished socks.

I'm afraid another rather dark picture, taken indoors in the depths of winter. These were made from fingering weight 100% cashmere from Colour Mart . I'm afraid I can't remember what the colour was called, but it is 3 strands, one of dark red, one dark green and one navy twisted together. It makes a very nice mottled kind of effect when knitted up. The knitted fabric is beautifully soft although it does have a tendancy to stretch and then not spring back - a feature with cashmere. I think this yarn would make a fantastic drapey shawl, its just a question of deciding on the pattern ...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm currently knitting the Forest Path Stole from an old Interweave knits - it's an entrelac lace stole. I'm using 100% colourmart cashmere, laceweight, and it's wonderfully soft .

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wanted to come and tell you that I love the bracelet in the new Magknits, and I can't wait to start my own.

     
  • At 10:24 pm, Blogger Kat said…

    I love the socks, I have just started at wrap shawl from the Paton Studio Mohair DK pattern book, there is also a lacy pattern for a poncho and scarf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home