Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Broad Ripple Socks

Just a quick post today before I go back to trying to make the house presentable for my parents who will be arriving soon to stay til Sunday.

I seem to have been knitting these socks for a long time, but they are finally finished!

And now for a better picture of the patterned leg:

The pattern is the Broadripple socks pattern from Knitty, well actually it is the version written for sock weight yarn which I'm sure was on Rob's (the designer) website but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Also I twiddled a little since I like plain feet on my socks so that I can wear my shoes comfortably, and I like a short row heel. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the Get Knitted colourway. Interestingly I knitted a scarf from the worsted weight version of this yarn in the same colourway but the colours are completely different - the worsted weight is a lot brighter. I'll get round to taking a picture of the scarf and socks next to each other soon.

The pattern was a bit of a departure for me as I haven't knitted lace socks before but it was good fun. I have a whole stack of interesting sock patterns which I am slowly working my way through.

Anyway, better get back to the tidying. One of the reasons for the parental visit is that Mummy and I are going to a workshop with Horst Schulz on Thursday! I still haven't finished the patchwork jumper I started for the Knitting Olympics but I am hoping to take along what I have done so far anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    They are lovely! Although not a sock knitter, I find myself looking for sock patterns, and this one looks really nice. And it was interesting to see the Get Knitted colourway knit up - it's very pretty.

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Rosie said…

    those socks look beautiful. how did the course with Horst go? I was quite heartbroken not to be able to get away from work for it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home