Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Cones from Coldspring

These are the cones I ordered from Coldspring Mills that arrived last weekend. Aren't they pretty colours?


Cones from Coldspring Posted by Hello

From left to right they are: Baby Cashmerino, Cotton Cashmere, and two cones of Cathay. There should be enough on each cone to knit a garment for me, although I'm not quite sure what yet. They are lovely and soft, and at the moment the box is sitting on one of our dining chairs so I can stroke them as I pass.

The weather has cooled off a bit today so it is a bit more like knitting weather. It has been really quite hot and humid the last week. We went into London for a birthday party on Thursday night and I tried to knit the latest sock on the train but hardly got any done because I was so sticky.

The multicoloured cotton jumper is progressing, I'll try and photograph it tomorrow. I have just joined the front to the back and am now trundling along in a nice bright teal colour. Kate recommended a Knitty article on weaving in ends which I have just had a go at, and it is really good, much less noticeable than my previous efforts. I am having a go at weaving in some of the ends as I go along with the cotton jumper so the horror isn't too great when I actually finish the knitting.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger Kamala said…

    The yarn is goregous. I can't wait to see what you make. Do they have a web site?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home