Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

What a surprise!

Yep you guessed it, the felted bag has been languishing on the settee while I cast on for the hat for Nanny. The yarn was fun to work with though it took a bit of getting used to not stabbing the needle through the yarn (Schachenmayr Princess, 72% acrylic, 28% viscose) by accident. It was knitted on 4.5mm needles so zipped along quite quickly, and here are some piccies:


Hat for Nanny Posted by Hello

This one shows up the cable around the bottom well but the colour didn't come out at all realistically, so the following one is a much better colour match, but unfortunately you can't really see the texture detail.


Hat for Nanny Posted by Hello

The pattern is the Braid-edged Cap by Judy Gibson, I used 4.5mm needles and slightly thinner yarn than specified because Nanny has quite a small head. Also instead of casting on and casting off and then sewing the edges together I cast on on waste yarn and grafted the beginning to the end since I didn't want any seams. It was a fun knit, and I'm looking forward to doing another one in the mauve yarn I bought. I will hopefully borrow Annie to model it next week as my head is too big(!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home