Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

Saturday was my birthday, and Liz and Mike sent me this fabulous knitting card:


Birthday card Posted by Hello

The sheep is purple, although is it a bit hard to tell due to my lack of skills with photography.

I had a lovely day, and got some wonderful pressies. My other half gave me The Pleasures of Knitting: Timeless Feminine Sweaters and my inlaws also gave me At Knit's End by the yarn harlot. I have dipped into both but haven't had a proper read yet, I think a nice cup of tea and a couple of the chocolates from my aunt and uncle and a nice read are what is called for this afternoon :-)

I finished knitting my sample of lambswool to be felted, this is what it looked like before it went through the wash:


Felted knitting, before washing Posted by Hello


And this is how it looks after it has been through the wash twice:


Felted knitting sample, after two washes Posted by Hello

This seems to be a good density for a bag, so I shall work out how many stitches I need and cast on today I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home