Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn

I've started on the next pair of socks. This time out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in colour rainbow, bought from Cnyttan Patterns. This is the first time I have used this yarn, and it feels quite different to the sock yarns I have used before (Regia, Opal and Fortissima). It is very smooth and sort of shiny, whereas the other sock yarns I have come across have been more hairy. It is really nice to knit with, I was thinking it would make a nice T-shirt type top too, being so smooth.

I've just found out that Get Knitted not only sell lots of sock wool including Lorna's Laces but they have their very own Get Knitted colourway in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, I am quite tempted :-)

Here is a picture of the current sock so far ...


Sock in progress Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home