Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Yet more socks

Well the felted knitted bag is coming along, but rather slowly. I think I am about 2/3 of the way up the main part of the bag, and after that is the miles and miles of strap to do. In the mean time though I have just finished another pair of socks! These ones are made out of Fortissima Colori bought from Web of Wool.


Fortissima Colori socks Posted by Hello

I bought it because I just love the colour, and it is constructed in a different way to other sock yarns I have used. Instead of being one colour which has been painted, each of the individual threads which are twisted together are a different colour and they change gradually up the length of the yarn. Here is a close up of the knitting so hopefully you can see what I mean.


Sock detail Posted by Hello

The June edition of Knitting arrived a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance to read it properly yet, hopefully soon.

Anyway, back to the grind stone. One reason for the lack of knitting is that I am attempting to write some more on my Plücker’s Mathematical Models write up, and rewrite what I have written so far into something more closely resembling English.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Heather,

    What an honour that you put a link to my blog! Thanks.

    Love your blog, I like the oddment socks. I think our American knitting cousins call these "fraternal" socks. Similar but not the same.

    Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home