Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Norwegian Yarn

Catching up on a few old things here, I found this photo on my camera.

This is some lovely Norwegian yarn my Mum bought for me on their holiday there earlier in the year. I think it will make fantastic bright cheery socks, just the thing for winter days. It hasn't been very wintery here yet. It is still remarkably mild, I haven't needed a coat yet and we haven't switched our heating on.

I am still plodding on with the Patchwork Jumper. Not really worth a progress photograph. The second sleeve is slightly longer than it was but it is dragging rather. I think I need something good on the telly so that I can have a proper go at it and get it finished. In the mean time I have loads of ideas and keep buying one ball of this and one ball of that to try out ideas but I don't want to have too many things on the needles at the same time because I find it rather overwhelming. All rather circular as an argument and I think the solution is to get a move on and actually finish the patchwork and then I will feel free to try out lots of other ideas.

My copy of the first issue of Yarn Forward Magazine arrived last week! Unfortunately there was an error in the printing of charts C & D for the Ariel silk top :-( I have re-sent the correct charts to Kerrie and hopefully the errata will be up on the website soon. I would love to hear your thoughts on the magazine, particularly on the technical editing, but also generally.

I am starting to get in patterns to edit for Issue 2 which is all very exciting! I was hoping to do a design for Issue 2 but the yarn for it still hasn't arrived and the design deadline is in only 2 weeks so it might not be happening at this rate :-(

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Heather, I'm SO worried about you....have you fallen into your stash and drowned?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home