Heather Knits

Where Heather waffles on about knitting and anything else which crosses her mind.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy christmas!

Well it has certainly been a busy December so far, and I am definitely looking forward to a nice rest over Christmas.

My Christmas knitting present plans turned out to be a little ambitious. I did manage to finish a pair of cashmere socks for my mum:

The orange-ness of our dining table makes them look a slightly odd colour. I'll try and get her to take a photo of them when she is wearing them.

And a hat for my dad:

This was a bit of an experiment after having read the article on Brioche stitch in the round by Meg Swansen in the latest Vogue Knitting. Once I got into the swing of it it was good fun, and a nice quick knit since the yarn is chunky.

Hope you all have a great Christmas, and I will see you in the New Year. I'm off to wind a skein of cashmere sock yarn into a ball to start on my Mum's next pair of socks. Maybe if I start next year's christmas knitting now ...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Christmas !

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Annie said…

    Your circular cardi looks fabulous. The colours are really zingy.
    You've been tagged for the 6 weird things meme - I understand if you're too busy.

     
  • At 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Christmas is going on for a long time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home